The Community Manager is in charge of the day-to-day operations of an assigned community including supervising community team members, daily resident activities, and resources to achieve or exceed annual community budgeted financial and operational goals.
- Lead and educate team members to work toward maximizing the net income of the community.
- Review availability and leasing activity daily and communicate leasing goals to the team.
- Oversees all operations including maintenance, capital improvements, resident lease administration, budgeting, forecasting, reporting, collections, evictions, marketing, lease renewals, service contracts, expense control, etc.
- Work closely with the Regional Property Manager (RPM), in achieving occupancy goals, recommend strategies to increase revenue and minimize expenses while delivering quality product and customer satisfaction.
- Conduct all business in accordance with GRE’s policies and procedures. Understands local laws including Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting, and all other state laws.
- In conjunction with the RPM, assists in the formulation of budgets.
- Ensures that all rents are collected when due.
- Performs evictions, utility cut-offs, and landlord liens on required delinquent rents.
- Consistently communicates with vendors and contractors concerning work scheduling, billings, vendor relations, and Compliance Depot.
- Makes rental rate recommendations to the RPM.
- Uses social media, on-line advertising, and other various marketing tools/programs.
- Hires, trains, motivates, and supervises all on-site team members. Involved with new employee orientation and training; reviews and approves all timesheets.
- Guide, coach, mentor and provide productive and constant feedback to on-site employees, ensuring they are meeting expectations and following the learning and development plans assigned to their roles.
- In conjunction with the RPM, facilitates disciplinary procedures and documentations up to and including terminations if necessary.
- Conducts on-going training with on-site team members (e.g. workplace safety).
- Understands and reports all liability and community incidents to the RPM immediately. Ensures that all worker compensation claims are reported, and proper paperwork completed.
- Conduct market surveys. Shop competition and be aware of other properties in the neighborhood. Maintains awareness of market/industry conditions.
- Welcome and show community to prospective new residents.
- Provides excellent customer service and communication to residents. Manage resident relations process, community events, and actively work to resolve challenges in a timely manner.
- Works to continuously improve and enhance the resident experience, customer satisfaction, and increase renewals.
- Collaborates with various corporate platforms to support team members in the success of the property including; Marketing, Accounting, People Developing People, Training, Risk, etc.
- Promote company goals and vision.
- Valid driver’s license
- High School diploma or General Equivalency Diploma required
- Must have at least three (3) years of on-site property management experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient in Yardi property management software or other similar property management software
- Excellent customer service skills
- Written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interact with others in a team environment
Life at Goodman…
We operate under a shared vision of value creation that is grounded in the interdependence of organizations and individuals, passion and profit. In all our interactions with each other, our business partners, and our community at large, we are committed to cooperation and collaboration in the pursuit of mutual success.
What this means:
- We are ONE Goodman Real Estate: A collective whole that embraces one culture, supporting one another and embodying a shared set of standards to provide seamless customer service across all locations and divisions.
- Each of us understands the importance of the Goodman Real Estate brand and pledges to nurture and protect it.
- We conduct our business with honesty and integrity. We empower our people with a high level of trust and autonomy.
- We believe in the power of place and community.
- We recognize the fundamental value of every individual and believe that diverse talents, skills, and backgrounds combine to strengthen the collective whole.
- Relationships are essential to our success. We foster strong relationships with mutual respect and open communication.
- We value wellness and promote policies and practices that support healthy lifestyles.
- We expect the best of each other and provide opportunities for all individuals to reach their full potential.
- We embrace our power to make a positive impact on our community.