The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the overall appearance and the proper physical operation of the Community. This supervisory position is a “working supervisor” position; therefore, the Maintenance Supervisor can expect to be involved directly in completing various maintenance or repair responsibilities. This position often requires considerable physical exertion in performing tasks related to the repair and maintenance of the buildings, grounds, mechanical, plumbing, HVAC, electrical, and electronic systems of the property. The Maintenance Supervisor functions in a residential setting; therefore, good communication and customer service skills are necessary at all times.
- Oversee work of all vendors contracted to do work on or provide services for the community.
- Develop positive relationships with vendors, keeping in mind the best interests of the community and residents.
- Select, train, supervise, and evaluate all maintenance team positions.
- Develop specifications for the work to be completed.
- Continuously review contracts/agreements with vendors who provide supplies or ongoing services. Discuss any recommended changes with the Community Manager and implement, if appropriate.
- Manage areas of budget-related maintenance of the community.
- Manage the work flow of service requests and other tasks to ensure the smooth operation of the community.
- Assign work and ensure that office staff have any information they need in order to respond effectively to questions from residents, particularly if the repair will be delayed for any reason.
- Discuss with the Community Manager at what level the Maintenance Supervisor may have authority to make/approve purchases or contract for services without consulting with the Community Manager.
- Evaluate bids with Community Manager and determine which vendors will be selected.
- Assign work to vendors during the Turn process; complete this task based on corporate standards and what is known about the vendor and his/her work force.
- Achieves high productivity through reliable and punctual attendance and report any tardiness, attendance, and disciplinary issues to immediate supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Valid driver’s license if required to operate a licensed motor vehicle to perform the required job duties.
- Minimum of 2 (two) years apartment maintenance experience.
- Experience completing work orders and preparing make-ready apartments.
- Active 07B Residential Electrical Maintenance Certification preferred.
- Working knowledge of maintenance tools required to perform the job duties.
- Excellent customer service.
Life at Goodman…
We operate under a shared vision of value creation that is grounded in the interdependence of organizations and individuals, passion and profit. In all our interactions with each other, our business partners, and our community at large, we are committed to cooperation and collaboration in the pursuit of mutual success.
What this means:
- We are ONE Goodman Real Estate: A collective whole that embraces one culture, supporting one another and embodying a shared set of standards to provide seamless customer service across all locations and divisions.
- Each of us understands the importance of the Goodman Real Estate brand and pledges to nurture and protect it.
- We conduct our business with honesty and integrity. We empower our people with a high level of trust and autonomy.
- We believe in the power of place and community.
- We recognize the fundamental value of every individual and believe that diverse talents, skills, and backgrounds combine to strengthen the collective whole.
- Relationships are essential to our success. We foster strong relationships with mutual respect and open communication.
- We value wellness and promote policies and practices that support healthy lifestyles.
- We expect the best of each other and provide opportunities for all individuals to reach their full potential.
- We embrace our power to make a positive impact on our community.