We recognize the Maintenance Technician is the core of the resident experience. Not only are they troubleshooting and solving various maintenance issues, they are going into the homes of our residents. The Maintenance Technician is responsible for assisting in the upkeep and maintenance of the community. This position is responsible for finding solutions to complex issues and has an eye for detail.
- Assist in the preparation of apartments for occupancy.
- Respond to service requests as needed.
- Performs maintenance and repairs on electrical, plumbing, as well as small and large appliances.
- Maintains pools and HVAC systems depending on the community amenities.
- Modest carpentry work as needed.
- Interior and exterior painting as needed.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service with all tenants, vendors, and co-workers; addresses the concerns and maintenance needs of our residents in a friendly and professional manner.
- Assists in maintaining inventory of tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Reports all needed repairs to the Maintenance Supervisor or Community Manager.
- Handles work orders and service requests as assigned.
- Utilizes work order software for tracking work orders.
- Is familiar with power, water, and gas turn offs; clean-out traps; fire extinguishers and hydrants; and other utility and life-safety systems.
- Follows all company emergency procedures.
- Assists with other types of maintenance and repair when necessary.
- Maintains a safe and clean work area.
- Adheres to all community guidelines and standards of performance.
- Valid driver’s license if required to operate a licensed motor vehicle to perform the required job duties.
- Minimum of a high school diploma
- Experience in apartment maintenance or related field preferred
- Good verbal communication skills
- Ability to lift and carry up to 80 pounds
- Working knowledge of basic maintenance tools required to perform the job duties.
- Must be able to concentrate on moderate detail with little interruption. Must be able to remember simple task assignments given at the beginning of a period of time extending for several days.
Life at Goodman…
We operate under a shared vision of value creation that is grounded in the interdependence of organizations and individuals, passion and profit. In all our interactions with each other, our business partners, and our community at large, we are committed to cooperation and collaboration in the pursuit of mutual success.
What this means:
- We are ONE Goodman Real Estate: A collective whole that embraces one culture, supporting one another and embodying a shared set of standards to provide seamless customer service across all locations and divisions.
- Each of us understands the importance of the Goodman Real Estate brand and pledges to nurture and protect it.
- We conduct our business with honesty and integrity. We empower our people with a high level of trust and autonomy.
- We believe in the power of place and community.
- We recognize the fundamental value of every individual and believe that diverse talents, skills, and backgrounds combine to strengthen the collective whole.
- Relationships are essential to our success. We foster strong relationships with mutual respect and open communication.
- We value wellness and promote policies and practices that support healthy lifestyles.
- We expect the best of each other and provide opportunities for all individuals to reach their full potential.
- We embrace our power to make a positive impact on our community.